Skip to main content

Powderhorn Park CX

A few weeks ago we decided to kid-sit homegirl's two nephews (3.5 and 5 years old). The 5-year-old, makes you want to have kids. The 3.5-year-old makes you not want kids. It was fun since this was the first time the little guys had a sleep over at our house. All went well, no trips to the hospital and they didn't starve. So I guess I would make a great parent.

Not a bad day today for a CX race. Not a good day either...but it got us out of the house on a gloomy October Sunday. The only cx bike I have is my Bianchi San Jose singlespeed (commuter geometry and straight up old-school steel). The course was pretty wide open and the park is hilly so I chose to run a 39x17 which turned out to be a really good gear, but my fitness / lack there of, was my biggest problem. I spent my one hour of pain keeping out of everyone's way and enjoyed hearing cheer for me and yell "go single speed!" So thank you for doing so and making it worth the race. If anyone was standing on the big hill with the stairs, I was trying to ride the whole thing but couldn't.

Tomorrow is a big day for me at work with one of my big projects launching. Thing is, it's flipping a switch and going from Provider I to Provider O and hoping it works. If it works, I'm home by 7:30pm. If not, I'm home at 9:30pm. I hope it works!

- P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Categories:

(From the newest member of the PureJenius.net staff (who, by the way, is paid >well So I've been perusing the MCF board tonight and I still can't believe how many guys are whining about the races and race categories that promoters choose for races. I'm pretty good at whining too, so here goes: I'm a 35+ Cat 3 woman who will show up for the St. Cloud Crit and have to toe the line with Cat 1/2 guys - I don't give a shit that they're 50+, their license still says Cat 1 or 2 (and 3/4/5) and they race like Cat 1/2s. What's that you say, it's a ROY race, so we'll be scored separately? Okay cool, then I'll completely overlook the fact that the race will blow apart on about lap 1.5 and I'll spend the remainder of the race with 3 or 4 other women if I'm lucky or I'll assume the time trial position and ride around in circles by myself. Should be fun. Oh, I should shut my trap because if I think the 50+ guys are too fast and furious, I s...
HEY! Blog people. Here's an update... All I gotta say is 2004 ain't gonna hold a candle to 2007. It has started bitches. think it hasn't? I also want to point out, those of you "cyclocross is my life" guys, you were talking to a made guy. Why would you ask him to leave HIS team to be a faceless bottle carrier on another team? Now go read a blog about someone's puppy.

What were you doing at 5:48 am?

Yo! Doig! Over here! "Well, you see, Rena, I don't go around giving myself nicknames, its just that people see me and call me Mr. Cool." "Rochester will have a high of 76, but with that warm, humid air comes the chance of some thunderstorms. There might be some hail so be sure to bring in your tulips if you can. I know I will." Yo! Doig! We're not done yet!